About Me

I'm Cyd, a teenager from East Yorkshire. Currently an A-Level student studying Media, Financial Studies and BTEC Science. I frequently get asked questions about how I do my make-up, veganism and my life in general so I thought, why not create a blog as it's an easy way to communicate with anyone who's interested in me and the things I do.

Thursday, October 27, 2016

You Have the Perfect Life... Reality

I believe there's a huge misconception with me and my life. For those who don't know me personally and only view my social media, you probably know me in a different light to those who know me personally. It's not like I try and be someone else on social media that's not what I'm trying to say. What I'm trying to say is that everything is different behind closed doors, social media platforms are merely a small window into all the positivity that is in my life. Especially my Instagram. I don't like the idea of posting negative things onto my Instagram, of course a lot of them do happen to me, as I feel it will ruin the theme of it and my persona. The theme on my Instagram is basically me, vegan and travel. I choose not to include the negative things that happen in my life, it's not that they don't happen. My Twitter is a bigger window into my life, it does include some negativity but, I've tried to make it seem funny or make a light hearted joke out of it.

And for those who know me in real life should also know that my life isn't really as great as I make it seem. Obviously I know I'm very lucky, the opportunities I've been able to have, travelling, all the friends I have. However, it doesn't take money to be happy, it doesn't take all the amazing things I've done to be happy. In no way am I being ungrateful, I am very grateful. I'm just very detached from life and reality.

I feel bad for all of the people who've commented on my photos and come up to me in person telling me "your life is goals" "I wish I could be you" "I'd do anything to have the chance to do what you do" "I wish I had your life". It makes me feel awful as I don't understand why. For me travelling is the norm, expensive holidays to exotic places are just the norm. I've been going abroad multiple times a year since before I was even one year old. What a lot of people don't know is that I get to do all of this due to my parents company, we get to go away because they work hard enough, in my mums case none stop, to ensure me and my brother have the best life possible. I also feel bad for the people that think I'm bragging about my life, that's not my intention. I just like to share with people what I'm doing, what I've bought etc. In no way is it malicious.

My views, opinions and beliefs, which I know are very controversial and not everyone agrees which me, have never once meant to hurt anyone else and force them into being vegan. My 100% honest intention was to inform and educate people on my lifestyle and hopefully inspire some people to make the transition. All the back lash I got from that really hurt me as I felt like I have upset so many people. Which is something I'd never intend ever in my life to do. I just dealt with it by ignoring and blocking everyone that was being nasty. A few people after that came up to me telling me I did so well doing what I did and the way I dealt with it was so mature and sensible. Little do they know how small it made me feel, how much it actually got to me. I've never told anyone that before either. Again I'm not trying to be someone I'm not, I just wanted to keep up the idea that people have of me, that I'm strong and nothing can get me down.

In all honestly I'm not as happy as I make out to be, I have a lot of issues with myself and my life, I've suffered from mental health and low self esteem issues for the last 6 years of my life, but in general I'm just an average person like everyone else. I'm nothing special and my life is really nothing to aspire to. It really upsets me, the way people wish and hope to have my life and have the experiences and things I've done. I've just been very lucky. Everyones time to shine will come eventually, it honestly hurts to see people depressed and miserable because of how someone portrays themselves on social media. You've gotta keep your head held high and just be yourself, don't try and be like anyone else you see online as it really is a small window into their life. Remember, if someone doesn't like you it's not you at all, your purpose isn't to make everyone like you - that would be impossible. Your purpose is to enjoy life, enjoy the body you have, enjoy your opportunities, learn form your mistakes and appreciate all the positivity in your life. Remember if you never learn to love yourself, if you ever end up alone with no one all you'll have is yourself. Self love is the first step.

No comments:

Post a Comment