About Me

I'm Cyd, a teenager from East Yorkshire. Currently an A-Level student studying Media, Financial Studies and BTEC Science. I frequently get asked questions about how I do my make-up, veganism and my life in general so I thought, why not create a blog as it's an easy way to communicate with anyone who's interested in me and the things I do.

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Cruelty Free/ Vegan Make Up Brands That I Love!

I've decided to list a few of my favourite make up and skin care brands that are vegan/ cruelty free as I have been trying so hard to get my collection 100% cruelty free!

High End
Urban Decay: This brand is 100% vegan friendly! I have quite a few bit from Urban Decay such as the Electric Palette, Eye Primer in Eden, Perversion Mascara and the All-Nighter setting spray. Also for christmas I have asked for the Full Spectrum Palette, the Glitter Liner in Midnight Cowboy and a few lipsticks! The quality of the products are actually insane! The eyeshadows are so pigmented and I would highly recommend this to anyone!

TooFaced: This brand is also 100% vegan friendly! A lot of their products are made using cocoa powder and actually taste of chocolate! I have heaps of stuff from TooFaced as I went a bit crazy on my birthday and got everything I could find, however the products that have I reach for on the daily are my Born This Way Foundation and Concealer. Together these are the perfect base for a flawless complexion as they're so full coverage! I have actually repurchased the concealer as I love it so much. Another product which I cannot live without is the Chocolate Soleil Bronzer. This is the most beautiful bronzer ever and it's absolutely perfect for my skin colour (I have tanned/olive skin as I fake tan).

Anastasia Beverly Hills: This brand is 100% cruelty free! I have to say this is my all time favourite brand! I haven't got too much from here though due to the fact it's not readily available in the UK to test out and try which is what I like to do before I buy. However The products I do have, Dipbrow Pomade and the limited edition Glow Kit are completely and utterly insane! I have repurchased Dipbrow twice now and I really can't imagine using anything else anymore! For christmas I've asked for the Powder Contour Kit and the Modern Renaissance Palette so fingers crossed it's worth the hype!

Nars: This brand is also 100% cruelty free, however I know some of the make up brushes are made of animal fur! I have quite a few products from Nars, my favourite being my lipstick in shade Raquel or my blush in Super Orgasm. Raquel was part of my daily make up routine for quite some time! I also have a liquid lipstick from them too in the shade Unspeakable which is a very deep red with purple undertones, perfect for christmas!

Jeffree Star: This brand is 100% vegan! I only have on lipstick in the shade Virginity from here but I have heard so many amazing review and all of his products are so different and unique, like who'd think of a black highlighter?? I'm definitely looking into purchasing some more of his things!

Drug Store
NYX: This brand is 100% cruelty free and is my absolute favourite drug store brand. Every single item I have had from this brand has been of amazing quality. My favourite thing I have from here is my Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Sway. This is a gorgeous lilac shade which I absolutely love. Also the vivid brights eyeliners are up there as my favourites too! If you can't afford a lot of the high end brands but still want the quality NYX is the way to go!!

Milani: This brand is 100% cruelty free! I know you can't find this brand in the UK drug store but it's easily accessible as it's on beauty bay.com and I'm sure it's available on lots of other websites as well! I only have 2 liquid lipsticks from here and I have to say they are amazing. I swatched my Metallic Matte one in shade Cinematic Kiss and it stayed on the back of my hand for 3 days, in these days I showered, scrubs and used industrial soap and it only slightly faded. They do the same on your lips (if you apply them to a dry lip). My liquid lipstick in shade Adorable lasted me a 9 hour shift without reapplying!

Make Up Geek: this brand is also 100% cruelty free! Once again not available in the UK yet but at £6 an eyeshadow pan you can't go wrong. I have 18 of their eyeshadows now and I am obsessed! They are so pigmented and so smooth and easy to blend out. I have one foiled eyeshadow and the colour payoff from it is beyond amazing. My favourite shades are Morocco, Cherry Cola, Poppy and Flame Thrower. I would highly recommend these to anyone who's wanting to start make up but not 100% sure what they want to do as they're so cheap yet so good!

Skin Care
Superdrug: The Superdrug own brand is 100% vegan! I have only used the make up wipes which where very good but I watched BeauticianJess's youtube video (she's vegan) about a Superdrug haul and there were so many vegan things that she bought! Next time I go in I'm going to have a look and see what I can find.

Nudi Life: This brand is 100% vegan! It's on Instagram as @nudilife and a few months ago I was lucky enough to receive free samples of their face mask! This face mask has changed my skin it is absolutely amazing and I'm definitely going to purchase the full sized one when I run out! It contains coconut and bentonite clay which smells amazing and will do your skin wonders!

Frank Body: This brand is also 100% vegan! Once again on Instagram, I've been sent a scrub before which I loved so much I actually purchased the second one. I've only tried the scrubs but they leave your body feeling so soft. Anyone who knows me know I fake tan all the time and one scrubs with this gets all the fake tan off my skin. I would highly recommend this to anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment