About Me

I'm Cyd, a teenager from East Yorkshire. Currently an A-Level student studying Media, Financial Studies and BTEC Science. I frequently get asked questions about how I do my make-up, veganism and my life in general so I thought, why not create a blog as it's an easy way to communicate with anyone who's interested in me and the things I do.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

My Opinion on Vegetarians!

If vegetarian is your final goal, to be quite honest it's well and truly pointless. I understand vegetarian as a step to vegan, that I totally support as I did that myself. But if you're really going to stop at vegetarian you're still contributing to pain, you're still contributing to suffering and you're still contributing to death. It's also better for your body to give up dairy rather than meat if you're going to give up one thing. As for pescatarians, that's also a no, unless it's a step to veganism. Fish are full of harmful chemicals, such as mercury, from the sea as they come from polluted water. Fish is not "clean" at all. In all honesty you're just destroying your body by filling it with harmful carcinogens and poison.

Meanwhile vegetarians are still contributing to global warming, cow farming is the main contributor to global warming. Dairy cows are artificially inseminated (raped) and then forced into labour and less then 24 hours later have their new born baby taken away from them so humans can have the baby for veal if it's a boy or another dairy or meat cow if its a girl then drink it's milk. Dairy cows live a life of torture and exploitation. We drink their milk which isn't even meant for our species and wear their skin which once again isn't meant for our species. Being vegetarian is not humane in anyway shape or form and I only support vegetarians who wish to end up a vegan and remain a vegan. 

"I want to go vegan but I can't imagine life without dairy" "I can't give up cheese" "Oh but I need cheese to survive". Dairy has additives in it TO MAKE BABY COWS WANT TO DRINK IT SO THEY BECOME 400BLS ANIMALS. After the first week or so, your body will detoxify itself from the toxins in the dairy and you won't crave it anymore. I never had this problem as I only used to have milk in a cup of tea and even for the past year and a half I've been using soy/almond milk cause I can't stand the taste, texture or smell of milk and cheese. 

Paleo is just as bad. It's a low carb dairy free diet consisting of meat, fish, fruit and vegetables excluding legumes. This is an exceptionally bad way of living. Low carb diets make your weight decrease so much but it's only water weight. Your body uses carbs as energy and when it has no energy your body goes into starvation mode and uses your glycogen stores essentially making you lose water weight, but guess what? The moment you start eating properly again the weight will pile back on.

Veganism is the best, healthiest, cheapest most sustainable diet on the planet. I appreciate some people need steps to get there, I was a meat eater once, I understand. It's best to try and fail than it is not to try at all, I didn't manage it first time around either! I know the struggles, but once you're submerged into this life style you truly understand the wonders of it! Change the world, save the animals and go vegan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment