About Me

I'm Cyd, a teenager from East Yorkshire. Currently an A-Level student studying Media, Financial Studies and BTEC Science. I frequently get asked questions about how I do my make-up, veganism and my life in general so I thought, why not create a blog as it's an easy way to communicate with anyone who's interested in me and the things I do.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Q and A!

I've decided to answer some frequently asked and just general questions about me, my life and veganism.

Why am I a vegan?
This question is honestly the most frequently asked question I receive, however you will find the answer to it on my blog posts "My Transition to Veganism" and "Vegan Rant". It's takes nothing away from a human to show kindness and compassion to an animal. 

What is your usual breakfast?
My usual breakfast changes depending on what time I wake up, I'll either have a bagel at home or at school if I hardly have any time, but if I have time to spare I'll make a smoothie (either acai with bluebs and nana or a mango, pineapple, nana and spinach/kale).

Favourite food?
Simple, mango!

What's it like being a vegan at school?
To be honest it's not that bad, obviously I get questioned on it and a lot of people have negative things to say, but I never really get stuck for food as my bag is usually 50% full with fruit and nakd bars anyway! Also, the sixth form canteen sometimes has meals or snacks I can have anyway!

Where do you get your protein from?
There's protein in absolutely everything. It's incredibly difficult to be protein deficient, if you are then you're not eating enough or the right things. The only vitamin lacking from a vegan diet is B12 which is found in soil and is injected into meat, however I only take my B12 supplement when I feel like I need it which is rare.

How did you convince your parents to let you go vegan?
Initially they weren't too happy with it but they knew I was very passionate about it, obviously they still worry that I'm not getting enough vitamins and minerals like iron (even though I am). I just showed them that I was serious about it, I educated myself by watching documentaries like Earthlings and Cowspiracy I also watched The Best Speech Ever on youtube (101 reasons to go vegan) and after that I knew I never wanted to consume animal products again! If you show you're parents you're passionate and educate them as well, prove to them that this lifestyle will work for you and that you're doing it for the right reasons, any reasonable parents would let you try it out. At first getting all the things can be expensive however you don't need to buy fancy stuff like acai you can just get that staples, it all works and is actually cheaper than shopping for meat and dairy anyway.

Why do you still have MAC?
Easy answer, I bought it before I was even a vegetarian and the damage is done when you buy the product not buy using it. It's more wasteful to throw it out then it is to use it so I'm trying to use it all up as fast as I can and only have things from cruelty free brands.

What do you do when people eat meat around you?
Try not to look or say anything and carry on with whatever I was doing at the time.

How do you deal with hate?
Block them. I don't have room for any negativity or negative people in my life. Remember that you should never have to justify yourself or your opinions to anyone and just carry on doing what you love. In person it's different, I usually ignore the people rather than reacting unless I've got really worked up then I'll shout a bit and they soon stop. It's not worth letting a few people get you down, especially if you enjoy what you're doing.

What colours have you had in your hair? 
Bleach blonde, red, pink, purple, burgundy, chocolate, chestnut, blonde ombre, black brown, mahogany, and at the moment its just dark brown with lighter brown highlights on the underneath section and some on the ends.

Skin care routine
I'll do a separate blog post but basically I was my face every morning and night with face wash, exfoliate every other night, in the morning I use a light moisturiser and eye cream and at the night time I use a heavier moisturiser, a serum and eye cream. And I used a face mask once a week. 

How do you do your eyes?
Also going to do a separate post but I either use tape, a card or concealer to clean up the edges and just make sure I blend everything out, it's hard to explain.

How do you do your lips?
I have naturally big lips so I don't really over line them, I just put the lipliner on the white line before your lips turn into your face (it's slightly outside your lips most girls will know what I mean).

Do you workout? 
I wouldn't say I have workout routine but I take my dog out for at least 40 minutes every day, I sometimes jog or do HIIT training and I also do body strength exercises like squats, donkey kicks, crunches, planks, that one where you lay on your back and lift your pelvis up and down, russian twists and lunges. 

What's your dog called and what breed is it?
My dog's called Oscar and he's a greyhound. 

What's your favourite song?
Rihanna - work or Drake - One Dance. 



2 comments:

  1. Could I just say Oreos are not suitable for vegans, google it, look on the actual Oreo website, yet you post pictures of you baking an Oreo brownie thing and you post pictures of what are supposedly vegan doughnuts yet they have Oreo bits on top of them? How is this so if you are a vegan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oreo's contain no animal ingredients, as they're made in the same factory as other oreo's like the peanut butter ones which contain whey, they risk cross contamination.

      Delete