About Me

I'm Cyd, a teenager from East Yorkshire. Currently an A-Level student studying Media, Financial Studies and BTEC Science. I frequently get asked questions about how I do my make-up, veganism and my life in general so I thought, why not create a blog as it's an easy way to communicate with anyone who's interested in me and the things I do.

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Starting a Youtube!

About a week ago I uploaded my first video to Youtube called 'What I Eat in a Day #1' which as the title suggests is a video about everything I've eaten that day. I've had the channel about 5 years but never uploaded to it (minus a few singing videos when I was 12 but I refuse to talk about that ever again). Also I spend the majority of my time watching Youtube videos I thought it was time to start doing my own.

Blogging is really fun and I really enjoy it however, it's not always interesting to read about certain things I want to share. I've done a what I eat in a day on my blog before and it was fairly successful but I thought it would be a lot more fun to film stuff like that rather than just write about it, it's also easier to show you making the food than it is to explain it. Also as a lot of people think veganism is restrictive and boring I wanted to share with everyone that it's not and everything I eat is really really tasty. And I have managed to inspire people, my friend Gina Barkworth wrote a lovely blog post about her lifestyle change (https://laacura.blogspot.co.uk) which you should read and also check out her blog, she mainly does fashion and beauty and it's really interesting!

To film my videos I either use my phone or my Canon EOS 600D camera, I am hoping to invest in a vlogging camera as Ella, my mum and I are all going to a vegan festival soon and my camera gets a bit heavy after a while. To edit my videos I use iMovie and to make thumbnails I use picmonkey. 

My family and friends have been rather supportive of me, not one person has said anything bad about my channel to my face (which I was a little bit worried about). A lot of my friends have been asking to be in my videos and Ella, Jess and Josh have helped me film them so overall it's been a really pleasant experience. I'm trying to upload a video every few days while I have all this time off school so I'm trying hard but editing the videos does take quiet a long time and filming by myself does also prove difficult as my camera enjoys cutting off all the time. I really enjoy doing Youtube, it's a fun and quick way to get my message out there. If you have some time feel free to look at my channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5D58jxwog1ezcdAjmrUu9g.

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment